All you need to know about Travel to Belize and planning your Birding in Belize vacation with
- English is the official language
- We drive on the right side of the road.
- Our electricity is 110 volts, same as the U.S.
- Formerly known as British Honduras, Belize gained its independence and was renamed in 1981
- Water and food are generally safe. Purified water is available at all establishments PE utilizes.
- The exchange rate is fixed at $2.00BZ to $1.00US
- The US dollar is widely accepted
- Taxes: hotel tax of 9%; sales tax of 10% on goods and service.
Getting To Belize
Direct flights to/from the United States:
Charlette to/ from Belize City--Delta
Houston to/from Belize City--Continental Airlines and TACA International Airlines
Dallas to/from Belize City--American Airlines
Miami to/from Belize City--American Airlines
New York to/from Belize City- US Airways
Flights to/from Guatemala:
Belize City to/from Guatemala City-- Maya Island Air
Belize City to/from Tikal / Flores†Maya Island Air and Tropic Air
Flights to/from Mexico
Cancun to/from Belize city- Maya Island Air
Packing For Your Belize Trip
Many of these items are available in Belize, but in case you are staying at a jungle lodge far from supplies or a nearby town, it is best to have them on hand.
Recommended bird book for Belize: Birds of Belize by Lee Jones
- Personal medication
- Basic first-aid
- Insect repellant and sun-screen
- Sun glasses
- Back pack for day trips
- Water bottles (as we have 5 gals purified water you can refill from creating less garbage)
- Rain poncho
- Casual clothing
- Comfortable shoes or hiking boots
- Sandals or water shoes
- Camera and batteries
- Underwater disposable camera
- Consult with your doctor for vaccinations (none may be required) malaria etc
- Personal binoculars etc.
- Optional: field guides
Main | Birding in Belize | All About Us | About Belize| Tours | Birdwatching Sites
Bird Checklist | Trip Advice | Bird Feature | Eco-Lodge | Contact Us | Links
Guest Comments | Photo Gallery